February 1st. Only a few days left until the first single off of Panic's new album will be released. Like so many other fans I've been waiting for this moment for what seems like an eternity. For anybody who doesn't know Panic! At the Disco is my favorite band. They haven't released an album since "Pretty.Odd." and that was in 2008. I heard the 30 second clip of "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" today and I thought it was the best thing ever. I heard that the new album was going to sound a lot like AFYCSO, but after hearing that 30 seconds I think it will stand on it's own. I'm not sure if it's Spencer's drumming, or maybe it was a more mature sound in Brendon's voice, but it just sounds so different, and in a good way.
I'm also excited that Shane Drake is back as director for this video. He did the "IWSNT" and "NITA" videos and they were amazing, I can't wait to see what he's done with this song.
I was going to put in my whole Panic! story and tell everyone how much I love them because if not for them, their music, and Brendon's adorkable-ness, I wouldn't have my amazing NDP friends, but I think everyone knows about that.
So, since I'm about to pass out over here I think I should call it quits for the night. This time tomorrow the countdown for my birthday will be on. 21, woo! I leave you with the 30 second clip of "Mona Lisa", goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment