I'm not really sure what to write today. I feel like I'm becoming repetitive and I don't like that. Let's see here. Today I woke up, dropped D off at work, went to the probate office, went to work, picked D up from work, did a little shopping for NuNu's birthday, came home and watched a bunch of videos. Wow, what an exciting life I live. I've started watching Roswell again because of a blow up alien I received in the mail. Thank God for Netflix :)
I really need to finish my novel. I haven't touched it since November 28 when I hit 50k words. I think one more chapter should finish it and then I can go back and edit. I'm already starting to get ideas about next November. I'm actually going to do research on this one and have a set plan going in. This whole winging it thing makes for a pretty crappy book. But, (paraphrasing what John Green said)the first draft of your novel will be nothing like the finished product. There's no telling what can happen when I go edit. The whole story may change. When I get more comfortable with what I have I might decide to let other people read it, but for now I know that it's not that great and I don't want to put anybody through that kind of torture.
So yeah, I think that's it for today. I leave you tonight with a quote from William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"
"I talk of dreams, which are the children of an idle brain" - Mercutio
No comments:
Post a Comment