Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Serious Stuff



Lately I've been a generally happy person. I'm beginning to be more optimistic, I'm starting to believe in myself once again, things are finally starting to come together. There's only one thing that ever gets me down anymore. I miss my best friend, I miss Alyssa. I'm sure anyone reading this knows what happened to her. I'm at the point where I think I want to move on, but I just can't. The reason why I bring this up right now is because it just hit me that in 10 days (May 29th) she would have been 20.(She's also been gone for 5 months) She was so young and had so much promise.



Alyssa and Me - March 2009



Some people who knew her always thought that she wasn't exactly the best person out there. To me she was the most amazing friend anyone could have. We would talk about why our friendship was so good as it was and we decided that it was because we didn't judge each other. There would be some nights after work that I would be so stressed out. One night when I was spending the night with her we laid in her bed, ate flaming hot cheetos, watched Rob & Big, and talked about how stupid boys were and how stupid we were for liking the ones we did. We'd talk about writing and how smart the people who invented it were (because seriously, how did they know "r" made that noise?). We were amazed at how clean the windows were at Cotton Patch.

Some of the best times included Amanda. Together the three of us made AAA. We would sit in Garcia's singing Britney Spears song (we all love "Lucky"). Amanda joined our conversations about boys. Those were happy times. I'm not sure if this blog is really going anywhere, or if it makes any sense (I'm sure my grammar is terrible), but I feel this is stuff that I just need to get out there. If you're reading this I'm sorry for being a downer. I'll be posting another blog in a couple days that should be more uplifting than this one. My ending quote today is going to be something that she always said:

"we can close our eyes to the things we do not wanna see, but we cannot close our hearts to the things we do not wanna feel"
-Alyssa Michelle Fierro
May 29, 1990-Dec 18, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment