Friday, November 18, 2011

Life and other things.

Wow! I haven't posted anything since June! I guess I've missed updating about tons of stuff and now I don't know where to begin. Since my last post I've gone to London, come back home, worked a lot, applied and got accepted into AUM, worked a lot. Okay, maybe I haven't done THAT much, but it feels like it.

I guess I'll start with the most recent. One night I was on the computer and randomly decided that I wanted to go to college. I didn't think much about it, I just typed in AUM.edu and put in my application. I then shot an email to the high school I graduated from and told them that I needed my transcripts sent to AUM. About two weeks later I got my acceptance package in the mail. Since then I've had a meeting with my academic adviser and registered for classes. On January 9, 2012 I will walk back into school with my head held high. I'm extremely nervous about this because I haven't been to school since 2008. I feel like my IQ has dropped and I'm not as smart as I used to be. Instead of knowing all the literary jargon I shoved into my brain senior year my brain is now full of SKU numbers and other things. But I know that will the help of my family and some smart friends I can get through this!

On to other things. Here within the last 3 weeks or so I've been following the OWS movement. I've taken it upon myself to get educated on what's been going on with this country and even around the world. A guy I watch on YouTube (Myles Dyer/blade376) inspired me to do my own research and inform myself. To quote him "Question everything and everyone." A lot of people I know are siding against the movement. What they don't seem to realize is that the protesters aren't just a bunch of college students or hippies looking for a free handouts. Many of them are people who are tired of working day in and day out just to come home broke. I could turn a blind eye and not worry about it. I live a comfortable life. I don't get everything I want, but I work hard to make sure I have everything I need. I hate my job, but I'm still there because it supplies me with health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k plan, and it gives me gas money. I choose to not be apathetic towards other people's situations. I choose to let what happens in the world break my heart day after day. When you research (actually research and not just go by what mainstream media says) then you see that the people who are out there protesting actually have valid points. They want to see change. Sure they don't have the solutions, but the doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to protest. They're out there to draw attention to a matter that the politicians have been ignoring.

Okay, getting off my soapbox for now. I guess that's what has been on my mind the past couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment