Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Heavy heart on the boulevard tonight. . .

It's been around a month since my last blog post! How did I let all this time slip by? Anyway not much is new around here. Umm, let's see here. I never mentioned much about my follow up with the doctor, so yeah. I went for an Echo test and got the results a while ago. Turns out that yes one of my major arteries is leaking causing my heart to make a boom-whoosh sound. It's not terrible, just something they're going to monitor from here on out. Other than that everything is amazing. The medicine he put me on is finally helping. I switched from taking it during the day to taking it at night and that's made a big improvement. I'm not wanting to scream at people during the day and I've noticed that I'm a lot calmer than I usually am, I don't stress as much, and I sleep a little better.

I did something somewhat exciting over the weekend. Since I've kind of adopted the "live life to the fullest" motto I decided to follow through. I fell from 200 feet the other day and swung forever on a cable, strapped in with a harness. It was something definitely out of character for me, but it was a blast and something I would do in the future. I felt truly alive during that and it was an amazing feeling!

Only 3 more payments left on my London trip. I got my passport in about 2-3 weeks ago, so after May 13th I'm ready to go! I just wish that July would hurry up and get here!! But then again I don't want it here so quick because I have Panic!(and China and Steph) to go meet in May and my sister's graduation to attend in June. I can't believe that we're 4 months into this year, where has all the time gone? They really weren't joking when they said that time flies when you get older.

So, I think that's all I'm going to write for now.



I got so sick of being on my own
Now the devil won't leave me alone
It's almost like I found a friend
Who's in it for the bitter end

Our consciences
Are always so much heavier than our egos
I set my expectations high
So nothing ever comes out right

So shoot a star on a boulevard tonight
I think I'll figure it out
With a little more time
But who needs time

Turn off the lights, turn off the lights
Turn on the charm for me tonight.
I got my heavy heart to hold me down
Once it falls apart,my head's in the clouds
So I'm taking every chance I got
Like the man I know I'm not

So sick of wasting all my time
How in God's name did I survive?
I need a little sympathy
Disarm my insecurities

Our consciences
Are always so much heavier than our egos
I set my expectations high
So nothing ever comes out right

So shoot a star on a boulevard tonight
I think I'll figure it out
With a little more time
But who needs time

Turn off the lights, turn off the lights
Turn on the charm for me tonight.
I got my heavy heart to hold me down
Once it falls apart,my head's in the clouds
So I'm taking every chance I got
Like the man I know I'm not

A heavy heart on the boulevard tonight
Shooting stars watch me fall apart tonight.

Turn off the lights, turn off the lights
Turn on the charm for me tonight.
I got my heavy heart to hold me down
Once it falls apart,my head's in the clouds
So I'm taking every chance I got
Like the man I know I'm not

No comments:

Post a Comment