Sunday, June 6, 2010

Work, work, work, and.... fire?

Told you that I'd have something fun to talk about when I got a job :)

I went in at around 8:30 today. I was so excited because today I FINALLY got my employee number (I wanted it so bad because then I could have my own register). I got it, opened up my register, took a couple customers when my boss came up to me and my coworker saying the front cashier area needed to be reorganized. Who got to do that awesome job? -ME- (btw "awesome" is used with deep sarcasm). First thing to do, take everything off the shelves and clean them. Then I had to go to the back and bring boxes full of advertisements up to the front, organize them, take some of the advertisements out, all that fun stuff. I started this job at around 9ish and didn't get finished until three. Within that time period I had to change the way it looked about three times. It was not fun at all. I think I have a bond with the floor now.

After that I got to play on the register some. I closed it out at around 4:30. (Go me, I was only a nickel over).

This is when work gets fun and interesting. I was in the back corner (aisle 2, where the locks are). I was facing the wall and making sure everything was looking good for the next morning. Around this time the lights started to flicker real bad. I didn't think much of it, just thought maybe they were going out or something. I was about 15 feet away from the storage room when one of the guys came out to tell another guy there were flames. The other guy went in there expecting something small. Next thing I know I hear a BOOM and the two guys come flying out of there. We had to evacuate the store and in around a minute the fire department was there. Turns out our breaker box exploded. We're now shut down until we can fix it. Everyone was okay, I think we all had adrenaline pumping through our veins and we were actually kind of excited about it. . .

So, now I'm home. About to eat dinner. Take a shower, and relax. It's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment